top of page

Frequently Asked Questions
(please note we try to keep these uptodate.  If you see an error, please let us know at

Are we a part of the City of Colorado Springs?

Are we a part of the City of Colorado Springs?

Pleasant View Estates is located in the unincorporated area of El Paso County Colorado.  We are neither a part of Colorado Springs nor a part of Monument.  Benefits of this include a lower sales tax when having large items (washers, driers, dishwashers, etc.) delivered to your home.  Be sure to point this out when making a purchase in Colorado Springs.

Who is our water company?  How do I contact them?

Who is our water company?

The Academy Water and Sanitation District is a special district governed by the State of Colorado, and provides water and sewage services to approximately 300 residences in the Pleasant View Estates neighborhood and the closely surrounding area. The District does not include the Air Force Academy or the Gleneagle area.

The Directors on the board own homes in Pleasant View and are volunteers. Elections for the Board of Directors are conducted biennially in May of even numbered years with absences between elections filled by appointment by the Board of Directors. Members serve two- or four-year non-salaried terms. Vacancies are staggered to maintain continuity. 

Information can be found at   They can be contacted at: 719-481-0711 (cell 719-200-7241) or

Who is our electric company?  How do I contact them?

Who is our electric company?

Our neighborhood electric service is provided by Mountain View Electric Association (  

15706 Jackson Creek Pkwy

Suite 100

Monument, CO 80132


Phone: 719-495-2283

Who is our telephone service provider?

Who is our Telephone service provider?

The neighborhood telephone service is provided by CenturyLink, (New Service: 866-449-1979, Technical Support: 800-244-1111

Does Pleasant View Estates have an HOA?

Does PVE have an HOA

Pleasant View Estates had an HOA until mid 2000's.  At that time, the HOA decided to disband and the PVSC came out of that to continue the neighborhood events (picnics, town hall meetings, etc).  While former HOA requirements regarding property remain on the deeds, there is no local enforcement.  If you have questions regarding  building or modifying your property, please contact El Paso County. 

Who runs Fox Run Park?

Who runs Fox Run Park?

Fox Run Regional Park is one of a series of regional parts in El Paso County and is run by the El Paso County Parks and Recreation.  Reservations of park pavilions and questions about usage of the park can be directed to: 

Who do we call if we need Police help?


Emergencies can be directed to 911.  The El Paso County Sheriff's Department handles law enforcement in our neighborhood.  They can be reached at:, or non-emergency number: (719) 390-5555  

Who are our local elected officials?

Elected Officials

We live in El Paso County Colorado, District 1.  Our county representative is Commissioner Holly Williams.  She can be reached at:

200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2202

Phone: (719) 520-6411


Pot Hole Repair

How can I get a pot hole repaired in my neighborhood?

El Paso County is responsible for maintaining our streets.  They are quick to respond to requests to replace street signs or pot holes.  The best way to report this is by using their online reporting tool:

bottom of page